- Ages: 5-7 months.
- Tuition: $319. VIPs $299!
- Class supply list.
- Week 1 is Mandatory Orientation at 6p-9p (NO dogs). Weeks 2-7 meet at 7:15p.
- Participants receive a discount on their spot in Core Manners class!
Registration opens 2 weeks before class starts. Get on the waitlist to be notified first!
Take puppies to the next level
Unleash Your Puppy's Full Potential!
- This program includes all AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy criteria and adds an abundance more training!
- The ultimate puppy training program that is as unique as it is FUN!
- Earn FIVE certificates!
- Upon passing, puppies can receive AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy medal!
- Give your puppy with the tools they need to become a confident companion that you can take anywhere!
- Learn how obedience is only half of what's needed for success!
- Our program is designed specifically to take advantage of the 5-7 month old developmental window.
- We combine the science of behaviorism with owner education, socialization, and confidence building!
Start your puppy off on the right "paw"-- sign up now!
- Get your puppy to come when called the FIRST time!
- Prepare your pup for veterinary care, emergency treatments, and general handling.
- Nail trims- We trim nails RIGHT IN CLASS!
- Noise desensitization, such as thunder and fireworks!
- Environmental socialization strange sights and fun obstacles to eliminate fear!
- Barking preventatives & management.
- Puppies will learn an "off switch" (relax) utilizing condition relaxation techniques.
- Stop mouthing for good!
- Crate Training, including CRATE GAMES right in class!
- Avoid separation anxiety, reactivity (barking & lunging), resource guarding, aggression, & more.
- Integrating and managing puppies in multi-dog, cat, and child households.
- A FREE online library with FULL-LENGTH 100+pg books!
- Weekly newsletters that expand on topics learned in class and beyond!
- And SO MUCH MORE!
S.T.A.R. Puppy 20 Steps for Success
- Maintains puppy’s health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
- Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
- Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
- Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
- Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
- Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
- Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
- Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
- Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
- Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
- Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
Pre-Canine Good Citizen® Test Behaviors:
- Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
- Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
- Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
- Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
- Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
- Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
- Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)