SMALL CLASSES! Don't delay!
For the benefit of all participants, we keep our classes small by capping classes at 6:1 student-teacher ratio. Classes fill up quickly! Reserve your spot now!
What is S.T.A.R. Puppy?
Prepare your puppies for Canine Good Citizen class with S.T.A.R. Puppy! This class includes the S.T.A.R. Puppy Curriculum (outlined at the bottom of this page), including Owner Responsibilities, Puppy Behaviors, and Pre-Canine Good Citizen Test Behaviors, as well as additional confidence-building and obedience. S.T.A.R. Puppy is for 4-6-month-old puppies. Start your puppy off on the right "paw"-- sign up now!
Click the collage to see it larger!
S.T.A.R. Puppy Curriculum
Class topics include, but are not limited to the following:
We leap off of the foundation from Starlet and make it age-appropriately harder!
- Rocket recalls (coming when called, the FIRST time!)
- Handling exercises that prepare your dogs for veterinary care, emergency treatments, and general handling.
- Nail trims- We trim nails RIGHT IN CLASS!
- Obedience not limited to heeling/sits/downs/stays, etc.
- Environmental socialization.
- Barking preventatives & management.
- Teaching an off switch with condition relaxation techniques.
- Crate Training, including crate GAMES IN CLASS with crates for EVERYONE, no waiting for other teams!
- Preventative care to avoid separation anxiety, dog-dog reactivity (barking & lunging at other dogs), resource guarding, aggression, & more.
- Integrating and managing puppies in multi-dog, cat, and child households.
- A FREE online library with FULL-LENGTH 100+pg books!
- Weekly emails with topics included in class and beyond!
- And SO MUCH MORE!
Additional STAR topics include:
S.T.A.R. Puppy stands for:
This class covers the following, and so much more!
- Maintains puppy’s health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
- Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
- Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
- Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
- Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
- Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
- Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
- Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
- Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
- Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
- Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
Pre-Canine Good Citizen® Test Behaviors:
- Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
- Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
- Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
- Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
- Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
- Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
- Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)
Puppy must be between 18 weeks and 6 months on the day class starts.
Cost for FULL 7-week session
VIP Club Members: $253
VIP's SAVE $20!
7-week session broken down as follows. PAY ATTENTION TO TIMES:
Week 1: *Mandatory* Orientation at 7:30pm for 3hours, without dogs.
Week 2-7: weekly 60-minute classes at 7:15pm, with dogs.
Pre-registration is required.
*THIS CLASS OPENS TO THE WAITLIST FIRST*
We hold back spots for our Starlet move-ups, then the remainder of the spots will open to the WAITLIST roughly 2 weeks before the class is scheduled to start. Get on the WAITLIST to receive an immediate notification when the class is opened to the public!
OH NO! IF there's only a waitlist, now what?
- Get on the waitlist for the class you wish to attend. * Waitlist doesn't guarantee a spot.
- Register for future classes, such as S.T.A.R. Puppy and Manners.
- Book an Evaluation to get into Enrichment Hour! This will fill your puppy's critical needs during their socialization period and increase your chances at getting into a class!
TTK9 Training Center located at:
924 N. Parker Dr.
Janesville, WI 53545