Puppy must be between 18 weeks and 6 months on the day class starts.
This 7 week class meets Wednesdays at 7:15pm for 45-60min. Pre-registration is required.
VIP Club Members: $154
[What's the VIP Club?]
1. Participants get HALF-OFF Puppy Enrichment classes!
2. Participants are guaranteed a spot in our Manners class!
SMALL CLASSES! Don't delay!
For the benefit of all participants, we keep our classes small by capping classes at 6:1 student-teacher ratio. Classes fill up quickly! Reserve your spot now!
- Get on the wait list for the class you wish to attend. * Waitlist doesn't guarantee a spot.
- Register for future classes, such as S.T.A.R. Puppy and Manners.
- Book an Evaluation to get into Enrichment Hour! This will fill your puppy's critical needs during their socialization period and increase your chances at getting into a class!
TTK9 Training Center located at:
924 N. Parker Dr.
Janesville, WI 53545
What is S.T.A.R. Puppy?
Prepare your puppies for Canine Good Citizen class with S.T.A.R. Puppy! This class includes the S.T.A.R. Puppy Curriculum (outlined at the bottom of this page), including Owner Responsibilities, Puppy Behaviors, and Pre-Canine Good Citizen Test Behaviors, as well as additional confidence building and obedience. S.T.A.R. Puppy is for 4-6 month old puppies. Start your puppy off on the right "paw"-- sign up now!
S.T.A.R. Puppy Curriculum
S.T.A.R. Puppy stands for:
This class covers the following, and so much more!
- Maintains puppy’s health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
- Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
- Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
- Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
- Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
- Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
- Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
- Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
- Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
- Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
- Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
Pre-Canine Good Citizen® Test Behaviors:
- Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
- Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
- Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
- Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
- Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
- Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
- Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)